Lancia Beta oil pumps

Competition engines and 'live' projects only. Good photos to illustrate your post are expected.
cheitane2003

Lancia Beta oil pumps

Post by cheitane2003 »

Dear Sir:
I‚´m restoring a Lancia Beta 2 ltr,with several motor modifications.I was looking for several parts and I found two diferente oil pumps for the same motor block.
Please,can anyboy helping me letting me know wich ones is the best and why?
Thank you very much.
Yours faithfully,
Attachments
Bombas aceite.jpg
Bombas aceite.jpg (38 KiB) Viewed 4776 times
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

hi, welcome to GCRE!

I'd need to see the pump body, cannot tell anything from just the pickup except that someone has cut a hole in one - and you need to check the gears are the same length by stripping down, long is 2 liter, short is 1600.

GC
cheitane2003

Post by cheitane2003 »

cheitane2003 wrote:
Guy Croft wrote:hi, welcome to GCRE!

I'd need to see the pump body, cannot tell anything from just the pickup except that someone has cut a hole in one - and you need to check the gears are the same length by stripping down, long is 2 liter, short is 1600.

GC
Dear Sir:
Here I send to you some photos of the oil pump,you can see both are the same including gears,the only diference is that one of them has one hole and the other two.
Many thanks from Spain.
Attachments
Imagen 252.jpg
Imagen 252.jpg (102.08 KiB) Viewed 4759 times
Imagen 252.jpg
Imagen 252.jpg (40.51 KiB) Viewed 4732 times
Last edited by cheitane2003 on July 8th, 2006, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

I don't think I am being much use with this thread, sorry.

All I can tell you so far is that if the upper casing and gears are the same, the pumps are the same.

I would use the one that is in best internal condition and with the best shaft spline - and with the pickup that has not had the extra hole cut in it.

If you're engine is a 2 liter Lancia Beta the gears should be 35mm long.

GC
cheitane2003

Post by cheitane2003 »

Dear Sir:
Thank you for your help again.
I found a program to change the sizes of the photos.My camera is a Kodak one and its sofware cannot do this operation.
I have another cuestion, please, as you can see in the image, one shaft is very diferent than the other, but the gears are the same and both in good condition, wich one would I use on a two liter motor?The one at the right or the one at the left?
I will use a Facet fuel pump for the two DCNF 42 weber carburators...
Yours faithfully,
Attachments
100_1085.jpg
100_1085.jpg (52.04 KiB) Viewed 4734 times
Wallace

Post by Wallace »

Hello Guy - I meant to thank you for this website - it's great !

Anyhow - just a thought - but I have a number of oil pumps where the splines are about half way worn (when viewed end on with a loop). I was wondering if it would be possible to machine a tongue onto the shaft (below the level of the wasted section - and with nicely radiused corners) and fit a shaft (shrink fit, pin etc) into the drive gear with a corresponding slot to engage with the tongue.. .

Or is it easier just to get hold of a new pump . . . :lol:
WALLACE