My Fiat Tipo HF Integrale

Post pics of your car in here
ICI

My Fiat Tipo HF Integrale

Post by ICI »

Hi to everyone.
I am so glad to introduce my project. Finally I did it.
This is actually Fiat Tipo Sedicivalvole turbo conversion.
It runs with Fiat Coupe 16VT ECU and chip by Ruben Aparici.
The expected power is 320 hp and max. boost 1,55 bar

Here is a little movie:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7abd ... 23905a.htm
Attachments
The cams setting, according to this tread http://guy-croft.com/viewtopic.php?t=634
The cams setting, according to this tread http://guy-croft.com/viewtopic.php?t=634
Picture 197.jpg (113.31 KiB) Viewed 26020 times
setting of TDC
setting of TDC
Picture 198.jpg (110.91 KiB) Viewed 26043 times
The head is ported slightly by my self, just to remove the imperfections from the casting.
The head is ported slightly by my self, just to remove the imperfections from the casting.
Picture 133.jpg (120.23 KiB) Viewed 26054 times
Modified oil pick up holes.
Modified oil pick up holes.
Picture 138.jpg (87.6 KiB) Viewed 26064 times
My design cam wheels.The yellow part is aluminum, the gear part is made from original one.
My design cam wheels.The yellow part is aluminum, the gear part is made from original one.
Picture 141a.jpg (130.59 KiB) Viewed 26076 times
The pistons ready for build in together with con rods, lightened, shotpeened and balanced to 0,1 gram.
The pistons ready for build in together with con rods, lightened, shotpeened and balanced to 0,1 gram.
Picture 168.jpg (135.52 KiB) Viewed 26090 times
And the Solid model. We took from it the drawing for machining.
And the Solid model. We took from it the drawing for machining.
piston tuned.jpg (41.11 KiB) Viewed 26088 times
The pistons arrived without valve reliefs and also with smaller dish volume.I decided to machine them with maximum deep valve cuts and compression ratio 8:1. Together with Friend of mine we did a Solid Works model of the piston with desirable dish+valve c
The pistons arrived without valve reliefs and also with smaller dish volume.I decided to machine them with maximum deep valve cuts and compression ratio 8:1. Together with Friend of mine we did a Solid Works model of the piston with desirable dish+valve c
Picture 001.jpg (130.04 KiB) Viewed 26113 times
The engine block is re bored to 84,5 mm because of the forged Iasa pistons.
The engine block is re bored to 84,5 mm because of the forged Iasa pistons.
Picture 092.jpg (119.68 KiB) Viewed 26106 times
3" air pipes
3" air pipes
Picture 022.jpg (125.64 KiB) Viewed 25931 times
K&N filter
K&N filter
Picture 020.jpg (134.48 KiB) Viewed 25946 times
3" downpipe
3" downpipe
Picture 019.jpg (106.91 KiB) Viewed 25952 times
Picture 018.jpg
Picture 018.jpg (96.27 KiB) Viewed 25959 times
Garrett GT2860RS with T3 flange and external wastegate Turbosmart 38 mm. Cooler dimensions are 600 x 300 x 70 mm
Garrett GT2860RS with T3 flange and external wastegate Turbosmart 38 mm. Cooler dimensions are 600 x 300 x 70 mm
Picture 004.jpg (95.79 KiB) Viewed 25970 times
Bosch - Ford Motorsport 420 cc / 3 bar , actually they are up to 490 cc
Bosch - Ford Motorsport 420 cc / 3 bar , actually they are up to 490 cc
Picture 068.jpg (118.58 KiB) Viewed 25981 times
Cometic MLS gasket 1,9 mm. Actually it is 2,2 mm compressed, becorse of the reliefs
Cometic MLS gasket 1,9 mm. Actually it is 2,2 mm compressed, becorse of the reliefs
Picture 055.jpg (155.09 KiB) Viewed 25980 times
the sump http://guy-croft.com/viewtopic.php?t=842
the sump http://guy-croft.com/viewtopic.php?t=842
Picture 188.jpg (133.24 KiB) Viewed 25991 times
Adventure cars - Italy clutch
Adventure cars - Italy clutch
Picture 002.jpg (120.18 KiB) Viewed 26007 times
the flywheel not yet painted http://guy-croft.com/viewtopic.php?t=607
the flywheel not yet painted http://guy-croft.com/viewtopic.php?t=607
Picture 130.jpg (88.69 KiB) Viewed 26009 times
Last edited by ICI on February 17th, 2009, 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
powered by ICIDesign
SteveNZ

Post by SteveNZ »

Nice work, Any pictures of the car?
ICI

Post by ICI »

SteveNZ wrote:Nice work, Any pictures of the car?
Yes, I add a little movie of the beginning of the post - the link.
powered by ICIDesign
ICI

Post by ICI »

Attachments
beautiful finish of the track day
beautiful finish of the track day
Picture 028.jpg (85.59 KiB) Viewed 25863 times
powered by ICIDesign
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Iliyan, hi

great project, nicely presented too - well done indeed!

GC
SteveNZ

Post by SteveNZ »

Hi

How have you mounted the wastegate? Is it welded straight onto the original wastegate hole?
ICI

Post by ICI »

Thank You for the nice words, gents.

The wastegate is welded to the turbo exhaust flange via short S pipe, just to suit the place.
Here is detailed pictures of the flanges and the hole in the turbo housing.
For the future time I will go for tubular exhaust collector and the wastegate pipe will come out directly from it, just right before it's T3 flange.

Regards
Iliyan
Attachments
Picture 205 copy.jpg
Picture 205 copy.jpg (239 KiB) Viewed 25781 times
Picture 006 copy.jpg
Picture 006 copy.jpg (175.55 KiB) Viewed 25787 times
powered by ICIDesign
bob

Post by bob »

Hi CIC , I need you help , I want to put a turbo at my sedici too , I like to know what exactly parts have you used in your project !

If you remenber the web sites it‚´s going to be great!

thanks
BoB - Brasil !

ICI

Post by ICI »

Hi bob, everything I used in my car is showed in the pictures, nothing hidden there.
powered by ICIDesign
ICI

Re: My Turbo Tipo

Post by ICI »

Little update :)
Attachments
Tubular manifold made by me. SS 304L 38mm ID equal lenght, about 600mm lenght of each runner. It is stick welded, not TIG unfortunately, but looks fine after few hundreds km
Tubular manifold made by me. SS 304L 38mm ID equal lenght, about 600mm lenght of each runner. It is stick welded, not TIG unfortunately, but looks fine after few hundreds km
Picture 011.jpg (433.22 KiB) Viewed 23999 times
Picture 012.jpg
Picture 012.jpg (426.19 KiB) Viewed 23983 times
Picture 017 HDR 0.jpg
Picture 017 HDR 0.jpg (445.61 KiB) Viewed 23969 times
wraped with ceramic fabrik
wraped with ceramic fabrik
Picture 030.jpg (207.29 KiB) Viewed 23938 times
Picture 064.jpg
Picture 064.jpg (335.07 KiB) Viewed 23936 times
Picture 065.jpg
Picture 065.jpg (274.62 KiB) Viewed 23920 times