40DCNF - jetting for Fiat 1.6 8v OHC and some other things

Competition engines and 'live' projects only. Good photos to illustrate your post are expected.
Acki

40DCNF - jetting for Fiat 1.6 8v OHC and some other things

Post by Acki »

Hi Guy,

I need the jetting for the engine of my brother. It's a Fiat 1.6 Tipo engine. The rev-limit shall be 8.500-9.000 (possible?).

We will run a 324‚° camshaft from Dbilas. I have spoken to some guys in Germany. They said under 310‚° they wouldn't choose the camshaft...
What do you say?

The engine shall have >150hp. We will drive the car on street and speedways so I hope we can drive the car at 3.000rpm normally?!

We use the Tipo head with the big inlet valves and want to install the turbo exhaust valves.

The CR isn't clear at the moment. 10:1 or 11:1?! When I need new pistons? Which design? I pay for forged piston around 600 Euro (4 pistons, with rings etc.) can you ofter something in this price category?
Crankshaft is from 1.6 engine and block is a 1.5 Uno block (because of the MOT -> motorcode).

Conrods are from Uno Turbo without cat (50Gr per rod easier than later conrods). We have a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold from Supersprint.

The carburettors are 36er DCNF and I will make them to 40er DCNF (I have seen this and it's possible and I think enough for the 1.6litres).

They are installed on a Alquati manifold. Gearbox is from Uno Turbo 1.3cc with cat, the brake system too. Oil cooler from the Turbo with thermostat.

What do you mean? Some faults or is it ok?

Acki
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Acki, hi

First, sorry I am not going to comment on engine internal swap parts like rods etc. I never do. My forged piston prices are published in GC V/W pricelist, I don't permit discussion of prices on the site. You will find it difficult to get much over 10.5/1 CR on a big valve 1600 TC, and if it's a SOHC I need to know the bore size, because big valves may not work well at all. You have to have the head flowbench developed by someone like me to get to 150bhp plus on either engine.

Is this a TC or SOHC engine, sorry, I have no idea. I need to know the valve sizes. A good photo of the engine in the car or out of it will add interest and help a bit. **

I do not have any idea of the performance characteristics of the camshaft you named, so my answer is going to be guesswork to an extent. Duration as an arbiter of cam perfomance doesn't mean anything , in itself or to me. You can have two cams of identical duration with totally different lift integral, read the post from Nosferatu I just replied to.

Look forward to your reply with **,

GC