The odd couple?

Post pics of your car in here
bassman71

The odd couple?

Post by bassman71 »

A few pictures of my babies.

A '99 barchetta Riviera in midnight blue 426/A, which I took two years ago and is finally in great shape.

Before the restoration:

During the restoration process:

Finally home...and with optional hard top!

Here on the road with 16" alloy rims:

The latest finding, a '95 Coupé in Chamonix Green 370/A. It's a basic 2.0 16V non turbo and the restoration process is still in progress. The frame had been painted in several different shades of green over the years and lots of putty were under the coats. Definitely a poor job. The car has been stripped down to metal and bumps and scuffs have been properly repaired, filled and sanded. Here is some picture after the first coat of primer:

More pictures as the work goes on!
Regards
Concetto
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: The odd couple?

Post by Guy Croft »

our first Barchetta I think?

Welcome!

G
Guy Croft, owner
bassman71

Post by bassman71 »

Thank you!

I will post some more picture of the cockpit, where I've added some optional part. And the work is still in progress...
Regards
Concetto
Steve H

Post by Steve H »

I prefer it with the hard top.

Steve
GC_37
bassman71

Post by bassman71 »

Yes...me too, to tell the truth. I like the way it looks with the hard top on. Sorta classy little coupé from the good old times...
Regards
Concetto
bassman71

Post by bassman71 »

A greenish aluminium base before spraying the final finish in Chamonix Green 370:

wow...not bad this colour!
Regards
Concetto
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

Really like the Chamonix Green (having owned a Scotts Green 20vt Coupe)
Chris Burgess
GC 01
bassman71

Post by bassman71 »

Final finish for the frame:

Next step bumpers, doors, wings and bonnet.

In the meanwhile, the inside of the cockpit will be reassembled with new floor carpet and roof cover. The sticky compound will be removed from the central dashboard and the plastic will be restored and painted in mat black.
Regards
Concetto
bassman71

Post by bassman71 »

A few pictures of the work done till now.

Front bumper (LE type) painted in installed:

Note the plastic parts in the engine hood renewed and the LE radiator grill:

Fuel cap polished and installed:

Leather interiors cleaned and installed. A new gear shift knob will replace the non original one, as well as a steering wheel in better condition. The woofers in the doors, which had broken rims, have been replaced by an original set of loudspeakers fully working. New floor and roof carpets:
New leverage to unlock the boot bonnet. The original one was broken, as well as the one to unlock the engine bonnet. Both replaced:

Here is the knew original leather knob and the new Fiat badges. The "16V" logos with green slash are not available anymore at Fiat, therefore I'm trying to repaint the first couple I've found around:

Rear bumper installed. That's a touch of "new" in the car look, as I've opted for a non original design drilled for twin exhaust. A touch of LE grey (trek grey) in the low end makes the look of the bumper more pleasant (and lighter) than a full green finish, imho. Don't you think? New middle and final exhaust installed, of course:

Note the rear beams polished, as well as all of the black parts outside the cockpit (windows rubbers and metal pillars):

Another touch of newness comes from the vented wings:

LE front bumper calls LE skirts, that's obvious:

Finally, the front beams have been cleaned and polished inside out (clear plastics and optics). The broken black cap inside one of them has been fixed placing large washers under the screws. A touch of black paint has finally been added to hide them:

Beam on the left of the picture after the cleaning process inside out, while the right one is clean outside only (note the foggy veil in comparison with the other):

Next step the HUGE bonnet!
Last edited by bassman71 on August 14th, 2013, 11:35 am, edited 6 times in total.
Regards
Concetto
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

How nice to see a Coupe. In my opinion one of the most beautiful Coupes ever designed.

GC
Guy Croft, owner
bassman71

Post by bassman71 »

Thank you!

mmmm...there must be a problem with the second picture, although it comes from the same hosting site as the other ones...
Regards
Concetto
Slim

Post by Slim »

Liking the Coupe! Nicely done.

Liam
GC_36