My Peugeot 306 Rallye project

Post pics of your car in here
WhizzMan

Re: My Peugeot 306 Rallye project

Post by WhizzMan »

Using the stick to bolt the pump to is a clever trick! I hope I'll remember that if I ever need to do something similar.
Book #348
Brit01

Post by Brit01 »

Love those rods. Nice work indeed.

Well done.

Once I get a second daily drive (for my wife mainly!) I would love to rebuild by boxer with fast road cams, new rods, lighter flywheel etc.
One day in a few years I guess. Times are hard.
Daveyboy

Post by Daveyboy »

Not updated for a while as there has been nothing done lately but I did a bit this week so here goes.

Progress on the sump baffle...

Some lugs welded into the supm to hold the baffle box...

These are the gates that will allow oil to flow towards the pickup but not away from it...

I also got a decent new Gazeebo with some corporate printing on it for work and for p*ssing about with cars, unfortunately the lettering is'nt stuck down too well in places so it's going back for them to re do it but I think it looks very smart.

Finally, I added the second louvre in the nearside wing, fitted the dash bar, welded up a load of holes in the floorpan and finished fitting the driver and passengers side door bar gussets.

GC Book # 103
Daveyboy

Post by Daveyboy »

Well, I've done nothing to the car for a long while now as work has been busy and money has been scarce. But I decided to pull the car out, give it a sponge over as it had got a little green and do a few jobs on it using parts I had already got as it wouldn't cost me anything.
First up was to remove the old fuel tank...

In readiness for fitting this one...

But in order for it to fit in where I want it meant I had to get busy with one of these...

Now, the idea of cutting a large piece out of a perfectly good floor fills me with dread, so, I measured, measured and then measured again, up top and from underneath as I really didn't want any problems...

But, there was one slight hitch. Despite the hole being the right size, shape and location, I couldn't drop the box in with the cage x-brace where it was...

Oh we'll, in for a penny in for a pound, the x-brace will just have to go...

With that out of the way, the box went in a treat. Just a matter of cleaning off the paint and getting a weld round it...

And underneath...

Next week I'll get some rust treatment on it to protect the bare metal before corrosion takes hold. I'm making a rotisserie to make stitch welding and painting the underside easier but that's going to have to wait a while.
GC Book # 103
Daveyboy

Post by Daveyboy »

I finally got around to making my inlet manifold, it took a bit of fiddling around to get it to match the 92mm centres I specified on my fuel rails but my perseverance paid off. I wanted to start from scratch with a new flange and new runners but I couldn't find anywhere that could make tapered and curved aluminium tube, and I really didn't fancy trying to make curved tubes by lobster back cutting straight ones so I cut up a standard intake plenum and used the runners from that.
As luck would have it the tubes were spaced almost perfectly for my needs but they aren't 100% parallel to the head as they have a slight dog leg offset for some reason, but it's very slight so hopefully it's effect on airflow will be minimal.

Here's the fuel rails fitted, to get bonnet clearance I may have to run one or possibly both rails underneath as space is tight.

GC Book # 103
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Nice to see you back!

I enjoyed your post but - cordially - please delete and repost the photos using the site internal hosting service.

Use of Photobucket and other hosting services is prohibited under Protocols. There are constructive reasons for this ban only one of which is the download speed via links.

Thank you for your continued respect for these important rules.

G
Guy Croft, owner