1978 Fiat Rally Project

Post pics of your car in here
FiatRally

Re: 1978 Fiat Rally Project

Post by FiatRally »

The exhaust manifold is at last ready as well!

This was made by TNT Exhaust Systems here in South Africa, under license from Fiat South Africa for the Fiat 131 Racing.

I was lucky to find 2 unused units at a parts supplier (NOS). This was about to be sold for scrap!! Cost R770.00 each. Last units available!

I was quoted by TNT to build a new unit at R4200.00 today.

It is a 4-2-1 header that ends in 56mm. I also bought 2 ANSA free flow boxes from them for R990.00 for both!!

Now to get the 56mm 309 Stainless pipe and weld it up to the stainless couplers that I bought as well!!

This will sound so good!!

I just hope it will not hang to low under the car as it Was designed for the 2000 engine and I am using the 1800 block???
Attachments
20130318_130652.jpg
20130318_130652.jpg (59.98 KiB) Viewed 4147 times
GC_75
FiatRally

Post by FiatRally »

After spending lots of money on my diff for bearings and stripping and cleaning, I have realized that it is a no win situation!
These diffs have all given problems!! The local Borg Warner M68 was different to the overseas units and was known as the "Johannesburg" diff.

I have been looking at various options and Alfa LS diffs are very scares in South Africa thanks to the Drag Racing brigade!!

BMW IRS (Independent Rear Suspension) is not the way to go for me at this stage as I do not have enough information to manufacture all the brackets etc.

I have found an M75 diff with LS as standard. These diffs are laying around all over although not LS. The diff is from a Toyota Condor and is slightly longer overall compared to the Fiat 131 standard diff.
Ratios are easy to obtain and comes in nearly any ratio thinkable!
The unit I got has a 4.11 ratio. This is what I wanted. Now to remove all brackets from the old diff and transfer them to the M75 diff!!

This is going to be a very busy wet winter!!
GC_75
FiatRally

Post by FiatRally »

Hallo ALL,

Can anybody help me with the exact measurements for the live axle mounting brackets for the Fiat 131?

I received my M75 LS diff for the car and need to remove and fit the brackets from the old M68 diff to it.

I have taken measurements but am not sure and need confidence to do this!

HELP PLEASE!
Attachments
M68 Dimensions.jpg
M68 Dimensions.jpg (63.73 KiB) Viewed 4076 times
GC_75