Fiat Twin-Cam 2 liter - Proposed engine spec

Competition engines and 'live' projects only. Good photos to illustrate your post are expected.
Sandro

Fiat Twin-Cam 2 liter - Proposed engine spec

Post by Sandro »

Guy,

Just would like to run a spec of 2 litre tc past you for any comments or advice before I start.

I have found pistons Borgo and Mondial in Italy, by all accounts this chap has a few sets. He has 84.60mm oversize so that suits me. He tells me there are many type of 1.6 pistons as these are the ones I want to use to increase CR - I was aiming for the pistons from a 131 1.6 tc. Whats your opinion on this? Bear in mind I want a power output of around 140-150 bhp and a reliable driveable engine.

I want to use a 131 2 litre bottom end, I have modified the crank as in your book, except the oil feed holes lead in you suggest - that is this weeks job..... I have had the crank measured at work and all journals are on nominal.. so thats a good start.

I am stuck on cylinder heads at the moment, I am looking for a 130tc head and cams etc but no luck as yet. Is there an alternative head I can use with bigger valves? what about cams?
Not got around to oil pump yet but will probably follow the advice from your book.

Carbs will be Dellorto DHLA on that manifold you have for me.

Anyway this is my basic outline specification, what do you think?

regards

Sandro
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Hi Sandro, hope your new job is going well, be pleased to hear about it here.

I think most of the head numbers we know with 43.5mm inlet valve for the early (non-reversed port) Fiat TC head are on display at:

http://guy-croft.com/viewtopic.php?p=1094#1094

Sorry, but this forum is unlikely to post source reference material (as such) on engines, it's more of how-to.

If you have not posted in the 'sales and wants' on this site you need to.

You need head work, I know a good chap in Lincoln, you should be up right there with 36mm chokes, standard cams, OK?

GC