Wire ringing the block.

Competition engines and 'live' projects only. Good photos to illustrate your post are expected.
dafnos

Wire ringing the block.

Post by dafnos »

guy hi!
i'm thinking to fit wire rings to my 130 tc among with racing gasket and bolts.
so after some search i found out these groove dimensions : 1.3 wide and 1.3 deep but it's not says what dia. of wire to use and what bore to groove.
can you help here?
is there any other wire fiting settings and dimensions that i can use?

here some photos that may help...
Attachments
the grooves....
the grooves....
ringgr.jpg (15.07 KiB) Viewed 4713 times
the wires...
the wires...
cringc2.jpg (13.46 KiB) Viewed 4713 times
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Hi

Yes sure I have my own designs, but you don't need that advanced op on your engine with any head gasket that is designed for the 130TC, OE or pattern. It's just for high boost 'blown' engines.

GC
dafnos

Post by dafnos »

thanks for the reply guy!
i'll just consider racing h.g and new bolts...
bugarMK

ringed blok

Post by bugarMK »

Hi My Isky tool make growe 1,2mm I use 1,2mm wire but ringland are deep 0,8 becouse wire must be cc 0,3-0,4mm from top of blok end wire make extra presure in gaket...
bugarMK

wired blok

Post by bugarMK »

Yesterday I look my tools Wire is 1,o5mm end knife is same end the ring must be min 0,3 in - wire must be + 0,3 to 0,4 mm from top of block...
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Hi

So you use 'standoff' of 0.3mm? (height of wire above block).

What wire do Isky recommmend with that? Steel/copper? Where does the wire sit in relation to the gasket with the Isky tool? Under the centre of the fire ring or outside it? What wire end-joint method do you use?

I do this op but it is not as easy to get it work as some people think, especially with very hard modern gaskets; Get it wrong and the head will not sit down and the coolant galleries will leak.

I know that English is not easy for you, just do your best, I will edit if you have any problems.

GC
bugarMK

ringed blok

Post by bugarMK »

Hi,
I buy tool 1994 , I have problems whit gasket - becouse thet time wos embargo whit greece- border wos close end benzin from pump never have octans whot I need I use octan busters..".end for pour gasolin not help golden gasket"... I look in some american magazins for ringed bloks.... end my frend buy tool for me in States, after thet I have not gasket falure ? or I look for some chambermods,racing gasolin end mix whit super to have from one galon 2 or 3 -not many sponzors in thet times industry end naw is sheet.....
I use copper wire whot pres gasket on metal I use only goetze, price is cheep end I use 2-3 times whit no problem
Regard Sime
bugarMK

ringed blok

Post by bugarMK »

my tool photo
Attachments
Sime_Delovi 0171.JPG
Sime_Delovi 0171.JPG (46.33 KiB) Viewed 4613 times