Lancia Beta owner needs a GC Twin Carb manifold for his LBC

Competition engines and ancillaries - general discussion
dave2e

Lancia Beta owner needs a GC Twin Carb manifold for his LBC

Post by dave2e »

Hello to all GC Forum debatees, I have been accepted today to this esteemed and fortunate group, thank you Mr. Moderator for my acceptance :)

I have a 1984 Lancia Beta Coupe in pretty good condition (only 1% rust) with a competition engine built during my fanciful mid-life crisis (and stored for 12 years!), and never turned the crankshaft in anger due to family priorities until a few weeks ago.

I have owned 4 Beta's now, all the others were HPE's and I loved every minute of their corroding years. I have one of only a handful of Thema 16v turbo's in Australia, my proudest possession until the LBC came along to rekindle my youth!

A very happy man I am, with no petticoat government to give me stick or make me feel guilty that I am not fixing the dishwasher or chopping wood, all gone including the 5 children (we eventually worked out what caused the numbers to rise).

I do digress, my apologies.

Mr. Croft has been responsible for the cherished and now very hard to find twin carburettor 40 DCOE manifold over many years, and I read somewhere recently on the never to be trusted WWW, that you have crafted up some more of these wonderful interface devices.

Is this in fact true? If so, can you tell me how to obtain one for my engine. If it is not true, can you or anyone else on the forum point me to one, as the poor little engine seems quite breathless when pushed hard at Wakefield Park during my maiden Super Sprint track day recently, and I would like to increase my consumption of 100 octane!

Kind Regards, David Toohey, Sydney, Australia

Some photos:

B4 the new engine and as I bought it:

http://gallery.me.com/dave2e/100017

Now:
In Good Company
In Good Company
IMAG1071.jpg (76.94 KiB) Viewed 21874 times
If it were half as quick as that 124
If it were half as quick as that 124
IMAG1072.jpg (102.93 KiB) Viewed 21874 times
A well earned rest & still smiling
A well earned rest & still smiling
IMAG1074.jpg (58.83 KiB) Viewed 21874 times
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: Johnny Come Lately needs a GC Twin Carb manifold for his

Post by Guy Croft »

I can do a run of the offset tilted sidedraft manifold for the 2 liter (only!) Beta engine but I need more than just one order I am sorry to say. They have a nasty habit of sitting in stores for years - literally.

If anyone else is after this item please get in touch.

G
Attachments
MBETA (1).jpg
MBETA (1).jpg (108.57 KiB) Viewed 21851 times
arguti

Re: Lancia Beta owner needs a GC Twin Carb manifold for his

Post by arguti »

Guy

How many do you need to. make a run commercially viable ?
GC_48
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: Lancia Beta owner needs a GC Twin Carb manifold for his

Post by Guy Croft »

I have two part-finished in stock, if you need please email me,

G

guy.croft@btconnect.cm
Guy Croft, owner