A few pictures of my Sedicivalvole

Post pics of your car in here
RED64

A few pictures of my Sedicivalvole

Post by RED64 »

Greetings, everyone!

My name's Peter Bidel Schwambach, I live in Brazil, and I'd like to share a few photos of my 95 Tipo Sedicivalvole with you guys in order to introduce myself and also to get familiarized with the posting features.

Anyways, this car has been in the family in one form or another since it was brand new; my father bought it in 1995, and, being 5 at the time, I grew up in this car and have a lot of fond memories of it... I learned to drive in it, of course, and also did my first (and so far only) engine rebuild after an engine bearing failed, back in 2007. It took me about a year to get everyhting figured out and put the car back on the road again, but after that episode, my dad gave me the car and I've been daily driving it ever since. Now, 6 years and almost 80 thousand km later, I'm still impressed at how well this car is running, with no odd noises, no hiccups, and no other issues of any kind.

Aside from that engine build, the car is absolutely bone stock and everything, even the electricals, is in perfect working order, which is pretty great considering this car has been in active duty since it rolled out of the showroom floor, but I'm starting to worry that it won't take much longer for something important to give in, which is why I registered here at the forum, so I can learn as much about the car as possible and, hopefully, share some of that knowledge in the future in order to keep my Tipo on the road for as long as I can. I mean, after all this time, this car is more like a brother to me than a car and I just can't imagine letting it go.
Attachments
The exterior. Not in absolute pristine condition, but 18 years running in Brazilian roads do take their toll.
The exterior. Not in absolute pristine condition, but 18 years running in Brazilian roads do take their toll.
16790DF8-orig.jpg (39.12 KiB) Viewed 6036 times
The interior. Still has the exact same scent it did in 1995.
The interior. Still has the exact same scent it did in 1995.
7D3485A4-orig.jpg (39.68 KiB) Viewed 6036 times
The dashboard. I used to have a stopwatch in the console for less than legal reasons, but that's in the past now and the original radio is back on.
The dashboard. I used to have a stopwatch in the console for less than legal reasons, but that's in the past now and the original radio is back on.
47242564-orig.jpg (44.05 KiB) Viewed 6036 times
Rich Ellingham

Re: A few pictures of my Sedicivalvole

Post by Rich Ellingham »

I forget how they look inside in road trim.

Good stuff, keep the oil changed.

and welcome...

Rich
book 38
Honza
Location: Lomnice nad Popelkou (60 north from Prague), Czech Republic

Post by Honza »

nice to see living Tipo, even sedici!

when I put my 2l 8v behind the garage and removed the engine (for some rebuild -info on this site..), the tipo suddenly disapeard from the roads... the mine is the only one in about 30km radius around my city... in the past there were 6-10 cars in the city...:(
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Thank you (long-standing) members for acknowledging a post from a new member..

.. esp Rich Ellingham who has a very well-developed 2 liter 16v race Tipo (...or at least did the last time we spoke...!)

I was hoping some would respond, it's a lonely place when one posts and there are no comments!!!

G
Guy Croft, owner
RED64

Post by RED64 »

Thanks for the welcomes folks, It's really nice to hear from other Tipo and Fiat owners, since there aren't many of these in my area as well, at least not in good condition... Unfortunately, the Tipo got a very bad reputation in Brazil towards the end of its production run, mostly due to lack of proper care and maintenance by the owners, and now almost every Tipo we see on the streets is a hopeless clunker overheating on the way to the scrapyard. Sedicivalvoles are even more uncommon and, so far, I've only ever seen one other of them on the road, even though there are several 1.6 3-door Tipos with red stripes painted on the bumpers and Sedicivalvole branded trunk lids, but you can easily tell them off by the interior, since they lack the (extremely comfortable) Recaros.

By the way, I also have to thank Rich for pointing me towards this forum, as I wouldn't have found it if I weren't browsing his posts at the Fiat Forum, where he posted pictures and descriptions of his awesome Tipo. Thanks a lot!