Delta Turbo WD

Post pics of your car in here
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Delta Turbo WD

Post by Guy Croft »

As is well known I'm an engine man and a bit clueless (frankly) on some aspects of some of the er, make-up of some cars. Well to be more accurate the make-up of some of the Lancia 4WD models.

Equally clueless I guess on some of the variegated things homologated by Abarth on 124/131 and other exotics - as those who ring me (assuming that I know every setups like an old friend will testify), eg: are the 131 Gp4 16v front hubs the same as the 8v? Or what was the carburettor used on the Stradale?

You get the picture.

We have new member (Stevemanby) who kindly visited my works today and over a coffee posed a few questions I simply could not answer about his Lancia 4WD turbo. The engine I am pretty-well OK with but Steve's (prefectly reasonable) tech Q's about the rest of the vehicle were beyond my ken.

So I am posting this in the hope that when he does ask these questions (which, in all conscience are important to him) some kind member with knowledge of these things will 'chip in' and help.

I have always felt, just for the record, that this car and the 8V Integrale were unjustly overshadowed by the 16v especially the cossetted 'Evo' versions.

No excuses chaps, thank you very much!

Guy 'Non-Evo' Croft
stevemanby

Re: Delta Turbo WD (et alia) some tech advice will be needed

Post by stevemanby »

thank you guy, might as well use this post to continue in.
Bit about me first. Currently not working but do deliveries when I amNow knocking on a bit (56) but still know nothing ! From a place calledc Batley (where Deltaparts are ) just south of Leeds.
Now onto things I'd like to know about. I have recentlypurchased a Delta 4wd on an E plate (I'll try putting pics up, but photobucket doesn't look like the links are there tonight !)and I plan to 'uprate ' it a bit.
Things I would like to know are; are the brakes the same as the 8v Integralle and if smaller, will the 'Gralle swap straight over as the 4wd has 14" wheels the Grall 15" ? I like to stop much quicker than I can go.
Does the brake servo have to be the same or can other (cheaper/newer ) versions be used ?
Will any suspension swaps be in order, as most things I see don't seem to be listed for the 4wd ?
Same thing with the exhuast system, currently has the right/left twin rear box. Will a larger bore one bolt straight onto the current turbo ?

Regarding the engine, it is as you might have gathered an 8v 2 ltr. Is it the same with regards to everything as the 'Gralle ? Once again, lots of bits advertised for the 'Grall but not the 4wd and when I ask I either get a blank stare or told they don't know (not aimed at you Guy, more the folk I told you about ),as Idon't then I'm a bit stumped to which way to make plans.
The 4wd produces 165bhp, the 'Grall 185. So what do I need to reach or pass it a bit ? My intentions for the car is to use it as a dailly with the odd day out at York raceway for the 1/4 mile dash with a few friends (don't want showing up) . I had a Cavvy Turbo that I managed a 15.3, so I'm happy with that, fun without blowing up !!!

So any advice would be greatley appreciated,I can then start writing my list for the plan of action. Incidentally, which way do you think I should go about doing things, it is currently sat in a garge without mot or tax, don't yet know how bad the underneath might be yet, but seems reasonably solid.
thank you Steve
Attachments
when delivered
when delivered
DSC00401.JPG (844.74 KiB) Viewed 6002 times
all bits in the car
all bits in the car
DSC00402.JPG (811.04 KiB) Viewed 6002 times
DSC00404.JPG
DSC00404.JPG (807.2 KiB) Viewed 6002 times
engine running
engine running
DSC00405.JPG (598.06 KiB) Viewed 6002 times
oil pressure seems OK
oil pressure seems OK
DSC00406.JPG (641.51 KiB) Viewed 6002 times
need another seat. Anyone ???
need another seat. Anyone ???
DSC00407.JPG (635.43 KiB) Viewed 6002 times
stevemanby

Post by stevemanby »

Redone the pics.However, they are now direct from my computer and look VERY big indeed, sorry. How do I make them smaller so they fit directly onto the screen for easier viewing ???
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

PIXRESIZER

aim for 500kb or a bit less

G
alexopdim

Post by alexopdim »

HI

The 4wd is the best....