The eagle has landed !!

Post pics of your car in here
TS131Volumex

The eagle has landed !!

Post by TS131Volumex »

After some months and numerous E.T.A's my dry sump pump bracket has now arrived .
It will need some very minor and not unexpected fettling but I think it looks promising .
Once this is concluded I can then settle on the final engine/box position and get the mounts welded .
This will be a solid step forward and allows me to then fit surrounding areas .
bracket . 003.jpg
bracket . 003.jpg (107.48 KiB) Viewed 5347 times
bracket . 005.jpg
bracket . 005.jpg (107.91 KiB) Viewed 5347 times
Last edited by TS131Volumex on August 10th, 2010, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: The eagle has landed !!

Post by Guy Croft »

Well, readers, I'm impressed!

GC
TS131Volumex

Post by TS131Volumex »

Thank you Guy ,
Now the fettling has been done I am very happy and deeply relieved with the result . Having said that , until you have given this the o.k. in the flesh I will still have reservations .
Stuart at Titans excelled himself on getting these -10 pump fittings out quickly.
The very smart Jiffy-Tites are from Think-autos and have to be worth the high cost for the convenience they bring . At least four more will be required for an easy engine removal but no money atm .
The bulk head fittings are for my dry sump tank which I hope to install into the passengers footwell this weekend .
jiffy-tites.jpg
jiffy-tites.jpg (110.77 KiB) Viewed 5504 times
tmvolumex

Re: The eagle has landed ! Spitfire VX

Post by tmvolumex »

Looking very nice! Dont forget you are going to need flanges on the supercharger drive pulley(s) of you want the belt to stay on. You need one rear flanged pulley and one front flanged pulley. The flanges can be on the same pulley or one on the supercharger pulley and the other on the crank pulley. I also see you dont have an idler pulley to adjust belt tension so I would check it, as the belts stretch. You may be OK as is, but I would check the tension after getting on the throttle hard several times and developing boost.
Tom
GC_31
TS131Volumex

Post by TS131Volumex »

Thanks Tom , yes , on the list .