INDUCTION PROGRESS ?

Post pics of your car in here
TS131Volumex

INDUCTION PROGRESS ?

Post by TS131Volumex »

Be glad for any feedback as to the suitability of this induction set up on my 1600 Volumex .
The plennum was modified by Engineering solutions in Bexley Kent . This included the reduction in the lower plennum arc to give wheel clearence , also the fabrication of the main carb plate and a rear blank plate for a very reasonable price .
The plennum is to be linked to a K and N Apollo remote filter fed with cool air from the front of the vehicle .
Sorry if this seems an odd request but some of us are just novices in this field and need reasurance/guidance at all stages .
plennum 008.jpg
plennum 008.jpg (105.18 KiB) Viewed 10106 times
plennum 005.jpg
plennum 005.jpg (106.52 KiB) Viewed 10106 times
volumetrico

Re: INDUCTION PROGRESS ?

Post by volumetrico »

Hi
You're not running a tensioner on the blower belt?
Melo
GC #162
TS131Volumex

Post by TS131Volumex »

Hi Melo ,
The engine still has to go back to Guys for last few bits ( including a 36-1 trigger wheel I hope ) when he has the time and I have the money .
It has been a long time since Guy started on this engine for its previous and much more knowledgable owner but I am slowly getting there .
Troy at Northampton motor sport is sending a quote to supply an Omex 200 , loom , sensors and coil today .
I will need good advice on the best layout for my cooling and oil systems soon as I will be starting to trial fit various bits into the car over the next few weekends .
I have most coponents but am uncertain about possibly critical information about exact level of components,optimum layout , sensor positionings etc but I will sit down and try and write a detailed post with diagrams this weekend .
Here are the major bits I have now accumilated [URL=http://rides.webshots.com/photo/29 ... .jpg[/img][/url]
[URL=http://rides.webshots.com/photo/25 ... .jpg[/img][/url]

Where abouts in London are you ?
Last edited by TS131Volumex on June 8th, 2010, 10:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
volumetrico

Post by volumetrico »

Interesting project ! I like it.
Keep us posted.

Melo
GC #162
TS131Volumex

Post by TS131Volumex »

[URL=http://rides.webshots.com/photo/24 ... .jpg[/img][/url]
First ever very rough trial fit . Accessability does not come any more generously than on a Spitfire/GT6 .
[URL=http://rides.webshots.com/photo/29 ... .jpg[/img][/url]
I am certain the dry sump tank will end up tucked into the corner of the passenger footwell to save under bonnet space and move the c of g further rearwards .
TS131Volumex

Post by TS131Volumex »

Guy I hope these pics are O.K
I cannot seem to lose the URL bits though . M .
Rich Ellingham

Post by Rich Ellingham »

Hi, just a note. You have bought the nice aluminium AF spanners for the hose sockets, note they are not for assembly of the sockets and cutters but only for alignment of the swivel position once assembled. I bought a set of Britool AF spanners for that job although a wide adjustable might be less likely to scratch them. The build looks very good so maybe you already have assembled the hoses before, but for me its one of my least favourite jobs.

Regards

Rich
book 38
TS131Volumex

Post by TS131Volumex »

Hi Rich , funny , I watched one of your racing vids on You Tube or somewhere last night , dont know how lucky you are to have a finnished car , looking fun , fun .
I have never put any jic's together , all done by previous owner . But having done plumbing amongst other things for many years I am well aware of the dangers but thanks for the warning .
My Omex 200 set up is being sent out tomorow so one more small but expensive step towards completion .
Shame about the downturn ( legalised theft ! ) or it might have come together a bit quicker .
TRIAL FITTING 003.jpg
TRIAL FITTING 003.jpg (108.96 KiB) Viewed 9774 times
Finaly took some pictures of the rear susspension so might as well stick one on here .
The lower wishbones are cast alluminium but Canleys did make some c n c 'ed billet examples , a new set of which I just missed out on last year and I am still kicking myself but I shall keep looking .
Uprights also alluminium .
The diff is Quaife/Triumph aluminium housed linked to Canleys C.V conversion instead of GT6 rotoflex and rear has additional coil overs hung off modified ( still to be done ) original transverse spring .
TS131Volumex

Post by TS131Volumex »

OMEX.jpg
OMEX.jpg (108.18 KiB) Viewed 9714 times
Received in less than 24 hours , cannot be bad .
A dry pack coil and a throttle position sensor are to follow .
Slowly , slowly , getting there on the parts front .
Titans have missed their June 12th deadline for the pump bracket . They will phone Tuesday with a progress report , we shall see .
I had hoped to post some questions regarding plumbing but have spent all my time renewing fencing and facia/gutters on our place . May be this week ?
TS131Volumex

Post by TS131Volumex »

coil . 003.jpg
coil . 003.jpg (106.71 KiB) Viewed 9675 times
Nice wake up call .
Dry pack coil and throttle position sensor .
parrish

Post by parrish »

Ive just completed fitting an OMEX 600 ECU/EFI to my 2.0 TC.
Also supplied by Troy from NMS.
If i can be of any assistance please ask.
If your lucky you will have 2 x nice holes just to the 10:00 position of the front crank pulley, looking at the enging block, on which to fabricate and mount your CPS Crank position sensor. It took me a while but im now up and running and playing with my ECU/EFI via a lap top.
I have plenty of photos should you need any.
Regards
Steve
Parrish 366
TS131Volumex

Post by TS131Volumex »

Thanks Steve , will do .