Lancia Fulvia 1,3 HF

Post pics of your car in here
fulviacorsa

Lancia Fulvia 1,3 HF

Post by fulviacorsa »

We took the 3rd place in the C1 class in the last Acropolis Historic Rally in Greece. I personally build this lovely car the last 2 years following the FIA Homologation papers plus some tips that the italians uses back in '70. It's a very durable car ( it's obviews, finishes the tughest rally ) but it's not so friently when you drive it. I need to resume the front axle and the steering. So any recomentation is welcome
I use a special adjustable teflon bushes for the upper and lower arms and Spax crypton shocks with the normal spring leafs
If you follow the photoalbum you will see what I mean.

http://fulviacorsa.myphotoalbum.com//vi ... me=album11
http://www.carestoration.gr

Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: Lancia Fulvia 1,3 HF

Post by Guy Croft »

That 3rd is a very commendable result indeed!

Most of us can only guess how punishing rallies are in Greece.

Well done indeed and thanks for sharing your car with us!

GC
fulviacorsa

Post by fulviacorsa »

Another good result for the Fulvia
1st in the class to 1300 in the ELBA Rally Storico (European Historic Championship)
Some technical issues now. After the race we found 3 broken valve springs. We discover that the internal spring diameter was smaler than the original and wasn't in the correct possition. Is that the reason according to your opinion or it was just high revs due to absense of rev limiter. (we choose to race without electronic ignition and rev limiter in this race)
fingers99

Post by fingers99 »

Truly wonderful little cars -- I wish I still had mine.

I've always found the handling to be the best part of the car: the negative camber set up from the 1.6HF (can't remember if the 1.3HF had it) certainly helped turn in, but the non-independent rear susension could catch you out.

Well undervalued compared to Alfas of the same period.

I believe there are still people in the UK and Italy making parts for them..........