Fiat Uno Turbo 1.6

Post pics of your car in here
petarn_vx

Fiat Uno Turbo 1.6

Post by petarn_vx »

Hello,

I am from Austria and I have just joined here. First I want to to congratulate Guy for this great and informative forum.

Now I want to introduce my Uno.

Short specifacation:
Engine from Fiat Tipo 1.6
CR lowered to about 7,8:1
296° Camshaft
ported and blueprinted head with 38/32 inlet and exhaust valves.
lightend flywheel and balanced with crankshaft
2,5" exhaustpipes with straight-through silencer
Garrett T25/28 turbocharger

Here are some fotos:

Last edited by petarn_vx on September 21st, 2009, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Book number:43
Ev0luti0n_

Re: Fiat Uno Turbo 1.6

Post by Ev0luti0n_ »

Nice Uno you have there! I have enjoyed most of the modifications, especially the red carpet and belts! I also have a Uno with the but i have the complete 1.6 engine, not only the block as you seem to have; or i misunderstood? Is the engine holding on without problems since it was turbocharged? Do you still use the stock pistons and rings? What is your opinion on this subject: do you think that the parts will do the job for a considerable amount of time if not abused too much, since they came from an atmo engine...

Sorry if i have made lot's of questions! Oh, and here is a picture of my Uno Turbo for you to see:

petarn_vx

Re: Fiat Uno Turbo 1.6

Post by petarn_vx »

Hello Ev0luti0n,

thank you for nice comment. I have also installed the complete engine, not only the block. The pistons and rings are stock items. I don't have problems with the engine, only the turbo itself make troubles.

wbr
Peter
Book number:43