Is there camshaft oil spray bar modification for the Tipo 16v head ?

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
Kerem1967

Is there camshaft oil spray bar modification for the Tipo 16v head ?

Post by Kerem1967 »

Dear Friends,

I have heard that there is a modification for the oil spray bar for the 16v cylinder head’s camshafts in order to prevent lobe failure such as drilling 0.5mm holes on the spray bar for each lobe. Is this true ?

In my opinion that many x 0.5mm holes would drop the oil pressure.

I would very much appreciate your comments.

Regards
GC_90
M Faulks

Re: Is there camshaft oil spray bar modification for the Tipo 16v head ?

Post by M Faulks »

Hi Karem,

I have not done this myself personally on a Tipo setup, I guess it depends also on the grade of the oil you are going to run and the viscosity (oil temp etc), but others may have direct experience. I have done similar on the PRV V6 rocker oil spray drillings however, for the same reason, to good effect.

How did you get on with it?

Best regards,
Martin
#31/500
Kerem1967

Post by Kerem1967 »

M Faulks wrote: July 13th, 2021, 10:22 am Hi Karem,

I have not done this myself personally on a Tipo setup, I guess it depends also on the grade of the oil you are going to run and the viscosity (oil temp etc), but others may have direct experience. I have done similar on the PRV V6 rocker oil spray drillings however, for the same reason, to good effect.

How did you get on with it?

Best regards,
Martin
Hi again Martin,

I did add 0.5mm holes to the spray bar. The car is on the road but I have yet to set up ignition and carburation when the new manifold comes in. And a quick rings break in with the break in oil.

I am planning to use Castrol Edge 10-60 as it is about the only oil I have been using in our Ford BD and Pinto etc engines.

What a pity that the forum is very silent !!!

All the best

Kerem
GC_90
M Faulks

Post by M Faulks »

Hi Kerem,

Forum, thanks yes agree, I think the best way to honour Guy is to keep the community and the conversations. We'll not fill the gap left, the incredible knowledge base, personality, and everything Guy... but he put a lot out there for all of us, huge dedication, focus, sharing knowledge and kept pushing the envelope of these incredible engines, and in our own ways can put a little back as and when we can. There is tremendous knowledge base in Guy's honour on this forum, so hopefully we can bring some of this back, bit by bit... I will get to some of my projects, but I am many PRV focused these days, but more than happy to share on here.

Kind regards,
Martin
#31/500