Scorpion/Monte Brake/Clutch Pipe and Fuel Line Routing

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
lsmull

Scorpion/Monte Brake/Clutch Pipe and Fuel Line Routing

Post by lsmull »

Mounting the 037 pedal box kit and 3-hole master cylinder and wondered: since one brake line will go to the rear and tee off there, why bother with routing it out through the front bulkhead and then back again as in the stock? Can it go directly from the pedal box to the tunnel? I could avoid the fourth bulkhead connector headache? In fact, same for the clutch pipe. Route it directly, keeping it in the cockpit, and avoid that bulkhead connector too. Am I missing anything?

As for fuel line, it's coming from a fuel cell in the front boot and it would be slick to take advantage of the water coolant pipe rack accomodation for the speedo cable which I will not be using, as my sppedo is aftermarket and electronic. My only concern is warming the fuel. Would like to keep cool but don't know how bad that four feet of parallel routing with the hot water tube will be.

Thanks in advance for thoughts.
GC_09
Robert

Re: Scorpion/Monte Brake/Clutch Pipe and Fuel Line Routing

Post by Robert »

Hello,

On my Montecarlo I used new pipes and so used the same routing as original. But if I have to redo that I will use braided hoses directly from M/C to spliter (T), proportioning valve and calipers avoiding as much as possible brass unions.

Concerning fuel I would try to keep the gasoline the cooler... (pipe insulation like central heating...)

Robert
GC_131
lsmull

Re: Scorpion/Monte Brake/Clutch Pipe and Fuel Line Routing

Post by lsmull »

I think there's room to shield it some where it would run parallel to the water tubes underneath. I will go that route unless advised it's unacceptable. I have a habit of thinking from racebike days and worrying about minute things when this routing probably won't make any discenable difference anyway.
GC_09