Oil Pump or Crank

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: Oil Pump or Crank

Post by Guy Croft »

MODEL POST!

Thanks very much for adding your invaluable technical & professional experience to this one Will.

Will works for Gates Power Transmissions BTW..

G
Guy Croft, owner
Vtechnician

Post by Vtechnician »

Thats interesting as Ive heard that Dayco were OEM for this engine. My local Fiat weren't much help as they didnt know and there are no manufacturer markings on their belts either. They do have the grooved tooth however.

Im returning the belt for a refund so I cannot send it to you im afraid.

Thanks for the insight! This is great food for thought!

Demetri
Will01

Post by Will01 »

Hi Demetri
No problems
I do know that Gates were and are OE on a few Fiat engines and did many Timing Belt System designs in the past.
I do know that this size of belt was used on many different engines over the years which i can only imagine were based on older engines which have evolved along the way. I don't know if the actual engine in your vehicle is Gates or Dayco OE however without more info.
To explain sometimes when a particular engine is moved into a new vehicle the parts can change in the OE business and are not carried over, even if the engine is exactly the same. e.g. Vehicle Manufacturer put engine in Vehicle A with Gates as OE for example, but then when they put this engine in Vehicle B they change OE to Dayco even if the pulleys are carried over.
I was just explaining that in the past Gates have been responsible for design the actual drives at OE level in Fiat.
I can try and help in belt related issues where possible, but i don't know everything. Just glad i could be of some help.
Thanks
Will
GC_21