UK SVA regulations/ban on modified cars

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Going back to SVA and modified cars Kev, I am concerned that probably no-one involved in doing that kind of thing, firms or individuals, was consulted initially, but now the proposals are, er drafted (?).

So we are de-facto in an 'intervention' phase now, which usually means no amount of written/spoken comment will have any influence.

Am I right?

GC
Kev Rooney

Post by Kev Rooney »

Yes Guy, as you stated the organisations that the Consultation Document would impact on where not aware that the items under discussion would in any way affect them as it was primarily assessing DVLA's current inspection processes. It was only once responses were in that it became apparent that the concerns of the NSRA / NASC were confirmed. Luckily by reading bewteen the lines we ( NSRA / NASC )managed input into the initial document.

That document has closed and the DVLA are currently considering the views of the respondees hence why ( when questioned by MP's ) they say there are no 'proposals' that will affect modified cars BUT they are currently reviewing the recommendations, from their response document and will formulate another document for discussion , so they say.

We have tried to ensure that by continual input from interested parties direct to DVLA that this WILL happen and that they are VERY aware of the strength of feeling surrounding these matters.

Currently I am co-ordinating the fight for both NSRA / NASC and also ACE which has slightly different aims but whose umbrella the other two national organisations fall..