ZF Power Steering to Manual Steering - Lancia Beta

Non-engine, eg: aerodynamics, gearboxes, brakes, suspension
swilkes

ZF Power Steering to Manual Steering - Lancia Beta

Post by swilkes »

I have a 2L Lancia Beta Coupe (1983) with ZF Power Steering. To be honest, it's great. I have made many upgrades and modifications based on your book but feel it is time to get rid of the PAS to get the full potential from the work that has been done on the engine (and any future improvements). My original plan was to source an older beta manual steering system but then someone asked me whether others fit and whether this may open the door for further improvements for competition (different competition racks). I know very little about all this so I thought I would drop a line on this forum to see if someone might have any suggestions or experience regarding this change. I hope I have posted this is a sensible section of the forum. Thanks in advance for any advice or assistance. Regards Shane
Walezy

Re: ZF Power Steering to Manual Steering - Lancia Beta

Post by Walezy »

You may want to try going other route and fitting Mercedes A- class power steering pump which is electric(but still pumps hydraulic fluid). it has some electronics inside but it is fairly simple to modify it to pump all the time with constant flow. I will do that for my stratos replica that i am building now.
Book#378