Toyota 16v 4age red-top cylinder head query

Competition engines and 'live' projects only. Good photos to illustrate your post are expected.
Os7213

Post by Os7213 »

Thanks a lot for the infos about the BDA vs 4age head!

Almost forgot, about squish area I will play with the piston height from 0.032in to 0.040in to the head.
Since I will use the Ae111 black-top connecting rods who are stronger than the stock 4age 16v connectings rods I think and hope the rod stretch will be reduce to the maximum. Since I will use a 0.5mm head gasket for more compression ratio I hope the new squish area machined in the head will give the same result and even better than the stock squish area.

For the valve clearance the Toda pistons offer additional space between valve and top of the piston so I can raise the maximum clearance a little.

I will also make tests since I have 2 heads (1 blue-top, 1 red-top), I will prepare the 2 head, port them to match the gaskets size and clear the entry to the valve, and since the combustion chambers on the blue-top head are damaged on the exterior I will machine new squish area on it and solve the problem!

The 2 heads will have the same cams setup so I will be able to choose the one better for my application. I project to use the blue-top head for drift race and the red-top head for circuit race. If you are interest I will put pics of my work my first work will be on the blue-top head.
I will also keep stock valve seat on the 2 heads, do a 3 angle valve seat job on each head but I will not change valves +seat length,diameter or configuration so we will be able to see how a port on 4age head can be useful with stock components!

Thank a lot for all the infos and reply
Ugo
Os7213

Post by Os7213 »

Hi everyone!

My porting job is begin so i post somes pics from in and there during the work:

Today the port job on one of the intake port is almost done but I need advises for the finish.. Someone told me to use a 400 grade sandpaper but im affraid of a too shinny finsh if i do it with a 400... If someone have tip dont hesitate ;)

Oh since its my first porting job be smart guys! But i think the final result will be good, Ill post more pics when the first port will be completed.

Thank
Ugo