Sad News of Guys Passing

Competition engines and 'live' projects only. Good photos to illustrate your post are expected.
Wal

Sad News of Guys Passing

Post by Wal »

Dear all,
I regret to advise that Guy Croft passed away in the early hours this morning.

I personally feel the loss of a great friend and express my condolences to his friends and family.

Steven
andy wright

Re: Sad News of Guys Passing

Post by andy wright »

An extremely sad day. Guy was a good and close friend. I shall miss him. Condolences to Gloria who has been with him throughout.
GC_20
Will01

Post by Will01 »

We will miss him greatly, an inspirational Guy for sure

I loved his attention to detail and way of working.
I greatly enjoyed our many chats, discussions and project work we did together aswell as the odd time i was privileged enough to visit

You might have to wait a while, but i will see you again my friend

Will
GC_21
TomLouwrier

Post by TomLouwrier »

This is a sad moment indeed. Though our only contact was through mail, phone and this forum (the visit to the UK just never happened) I too will be missing a friend, fellow engineer and engine lover.

You will be remembered.

regards
Tom
GC_29
LeoM

Post by LeoM »

Really Sad . Guy was a character and I only ever spoke to him on the phone or via mail. Not everyone understood that character he was unique. Condolences to his family and friends. Let’s maintain his legacy.
Leo
GC_50
robbiec

Post by robbiec »

My condolences to Guy's family. Find memories of emails exchanged and a couple of phonecalls. RIP
GC_104
Spider 1969

Post by Spider 1969 »

I shall really miss him, he reignited the petrol head in me and inspired me to constantly improve my craftsmanship. Usually people are being remembered after they are gone but I'm glad I took the opportunity to say farewell and share my memories a while ago with him.
My condolences to his family and Gloria.
Very sincerely,

Charles
GC_26
PhilDay

Post by PhilDay »

I knew Guy for almost twenty years, since I started hosting and looking after this forum yet I never actually met him which I regret. We spoke on the phone and emailed a lot and I truly consider him as a friend. I loved his honesty and bluntness, you never had to work out what he was saying as it was as plain as can be, which is something I really liked about the man. This is truly a sad day. My condolences to his family. Even when you know it is coming, it does not make it any easier. I do hope people keep using the forum and still find it useful. I think Guy would have been very happy to know that it still helped people out and indeed, people were still helping each other.
4v6

Post by 4v6 »

I unfortunately never met Guy and only spoke to him on the phone regarding his brilliant book and dvd on engine building.
The last time I saw him was two nights ago on his Youtube channel talking about camshafts although it was a video he had made a while back, so its a shock to know he's no longer with us.
I for one can say he made me a more knowledgeable person and it was a privilege to have corresponded with him and to have been a member of his site.

He will be truly missed by the community here and further afield.

Tony.
Tony Warren. GC #96.
Kerem1967

Post by Kerem1967 »

Really really sad moment !!!
He has helped me a lot and we had long chats on the phone and lots of e-mails. We have not only discussed engines but also we have talked about life. We had plans to visit each other but unfortunately we will not be able realize our plans for now. I will truly miss him.
RIP Guy.
My condolences to Guy’s family.

Dear Friends,
I sincerely hope that we can keep this great forum alive and make Guy happy.

Regards,
Kerem
GC_90
Simon

Post by Simon »

I was saddened and shocked to hear of Guy's passing today. He was a truly inspirational figure who had, and will continue to have, a big influence on the way I approach things. Whether visiting this site, talking to Guy on the phone and exchanging emails, or visiting the GCRE workshop, I always came away enthused and inspired! My condolencies to Guy's family and I echo Kerem's hope that this from continues in the spirit that Guy created it.

Simon.
GC_15
Biancorally

Post by Biancorally »

This is a very sad news. My condolences to Guy's family.
We did not have the chance to meet, but I really enjoyed to work with Guy on a few projects.
I learnt a lot with him as he was sharing his knowledge with all of us.
I'll really miss him.

Daniel
GC_17
Wal

Post by Wal »