Buildin up a new engine

Competition engines and 'live' projects only. Good photos to illustrate your post are expected.
wfolland

Buildin up a new engine

Post by wfolland »

Guy,
First off I'd like to state the level of my knowledge. I am a retired engineer whos hobby prior to purchasing a 79 Fiat Spider was woodworking. I've really got the bug once driving around with this great little automobile. Presently the status of the car must be classified as a rolling restoration job, i am presently installing new floor pans over the winter.

I recently purchased a used 2000cc engine from a 81FI Spider that I plan on building up into a mildly high performance engine to run around the streets, no intention of racing it. I have the head for this engine at a local shop, New Zealander Engineering , I have purchased new oversized valves,valve springs, valve seats and seals from Auto Ricambi that New Zealander will install in this head. Auto Ricambi sent me your way for cams for this rebuild, can you suggest a set for the engine based on its intended use?. Other info that I should mention is This buildup will include oversized 84.56mm pistons, 4-2-1 exhaust and twin Weber carbs. Any help will be appreciated.
GC_65
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: Buildin up a new engine

Post by Guy Croft »

pair GC 3A timed at 110 deg in this case.

please email me and I will give you details Bill,

I avoid commercial stuff on the forum

very sincerely,

G
Guy Croft, owner