Shimming tools 8V, 16V Fiat TC & Fiat SOHC

Competition engines and 'live' projects only. Good photos to illustrate your post are expected.
Walezy

Shimming tools 8V, 16V Fiat TC & Fiat SOHC

Post by Walezy »

Hello,
Is the shimming tool for 8v head suitable for 16v head? Is this the same tool or there is a special one for those heads.
Thanks
Tomasz
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

No it's not quite the same as the 8V.

The 16v shimming tool part numbers are:

Pressure lever (also used on 8V unless you simply rotate cams to insert the 8V positioning tool) 1860443000

Positioning tool 1860747000

I stock the 8V shim tools - notoriously hard_to_get.

GC
Attachments
16v - You depress the bucket and lock it down with the pos. tool to get the shim out.
16v - You depress the bucket and lock it down with the pos. tool to get the shim out.
16v Fiat pressure lever - top and positioning tool.jpg (112.55 KiB) Viewed 4466 times
8V Fiat - you can rotate the cam to full lift and insert the shim tool or use the pressure lever to depress the bucket and then insert it.
8V Fiat - you can rotate the cam to full lift and insert the shim tool or use the pressure lever to depress the bucket and then insert it.
8V Fiat TC shim tool.JPG (16.1 KiB) Viewed 4464 times
SOHC X19 type shim tool, factory manual shows it inserted with cam at full lift, never had much success with it, always seems to slip out!
SOHC X19 type shim tool, factory manual shows it inserted with cam at full lift, never had much success with it, always seems to slip out!
Fiat X19 type SOHC pressure lever 1860642000.JPG (151.75 KiB) Viewed 4465 times
Walezy

Post by Walezy »

Thank you for the info. Do you know where i can get the shipping tool for 16v?
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

It's an order from an apppointed Fiat dealer unless you want me to get one, subject to availablity from Fiat, I often do, contact me by email if you do please.

GC