Alquati 494 cams

Competition engines and 'live' projects only. Good photos to illustrate your post are expected.
dafnos

Alquati 494 cams

Post by dafnos »

guy thnxs a lot for the informations!!
i was running my engine with this alquati 494 cams and i never knew with what i was dealing! the car never run properly at low rpm and i made mistaken measurments! the cams have 12.25 lift and 80/40 40/80 duration i need some advise so to intall this cams properly and right so i can get the best from the car.the car is strada 130tc with 45dcoe's polished and ported head hc.pistons and 4-2-1 header.i'll be gradeful to any one who can help!!
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Dafnos hi

I deleted one post - there were 2 the same, and corrected spelling of Alquati in your header.
GC advice is: no way use those cams on a road car. They are for a full race engine, I would not get involved in that. I won't do higher than StII and then on a competition engine only, try to avoid doing road/race engines. I'll post a topic soon in GC V/W about how to set up an engine spec and cost it, then you can see what's involved.
It would be a very bad idea to build the engine around a set of cams, that said plenty of people try to.
Anyone else wants to detail how Dafnos could proceed feel free.

GC
dafnos

this cams....

Post by dafnos »

i made a post and i could't find it and i made a 2'nd then i saw that was 2. i tried to delete the one but i did't know how :? thats a good advise guy now i understand why you can just buy anything without know what needs to work properly....and just because it's "racing"
but i'd like some advises from anyone that he things he can help me to make out from this.at the moment i can't find other cams to work on.and i want to see my engine running on this cams! :twisted:
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Dafnos , hi

please be patient, I only have one pair of hands and have much work to do during the day!
The post I will write in GC V/W about how to build a spec will be worth waiting for, it is much needed to bring some sense to the mad ‚£‚£‚£ world of 'tuning', and it will help you. Until then I strongly suggest you do nothing much with the car, other than perhaps put standard 2 liter cams in there.

I can sell you cams that will - probably, with care - dovetail into your motor but you still have to deal with the ex system etc. I cannot offer standalone engine solutions unless the owner deals with things I tell them about, one reason among many that I do not do full engines for fast road cars any more.

GC